Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing my Edelbrock Air-Gap manifold and noticed the Fel-Pro gasket (PN-90361) was actually smaller than the GT-40 head's opening. I'm sure this is the correct P/N for a standard 302/351, but I think I need a FMS-M9439B302 (Check Summit url) for this GT-40 head.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=FMS%2DM9439B302
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Russ.

·
1,018 Posts
FMS-M9439B302 gaskets work well. I just installed them on my GT-40 intake set-up (upper and lower) w/ Trick Flow heads. Fit is perfect. Have used these gaskets twice before on my old 306 engine.

Doug
FFR2625

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw that, but I'm not sure if they (Edelbrock) took into consideration how much larger the ports on the GT-40 head are than the Air Gap ports?

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I just found it on Jegs.... PN 375-1262R Large Race Port; Also fits TFS, GT-40, and ''N'' Heads Thick: .090'' Port Size: 1.40'' x 2.25''

This looks like it's specificaly made for GT-40 heads.

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bill,
You may be correct, but it goes against my better judgement to install a gasket that's actually smaller than the port opening. I've had a heck of a time with this manifold. Origianlly bought it from Pep Boys and it had a small hole (imperfection) directly under where the carb mounts. Took it back and ordered another and the boneheads at Pep Boys gave me one that looked like someone kicked it around the parking lot (assumed sombody started to install it then took it back). So I ordered this one from Summit and it came to the house in 3 days and was 10 bucks cheaper to boot!! But I did get the gaskets from Pep Boys.....Heck with what I've learned so far I think I'm actually qualifed to work at Pep Boys!!

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I had one of the early Air Gap manifolds and it said to use the Mr. Gasget 203 which is a standard high performance gasget without the special sealer stuff. Originally used the felpro and started leaking water into the crankcase. Guess they have fixed that since I put mine on. The 203 never had a problem.

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finished port matching the manifold and installed it this weekend. The FMS gaskgets were just a bit to small??? I used Fel-Pro 1262R, which fit perfectly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.