Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with Cooper Zeon RS3 G1 tires on their roadster, specifically in 17”?

I have these on my 2006 Mustang and I’m very happy with them as fair weather daily driver tires. I bought them because of cost and availability. Wondering how they’d do on a cobra

In the spring I will need to replace my street tires on the cobra as the tires on the car are way aged out.
I have slicks for the drag strip so these would be for street driving and I’m enrolled in a performance driving class but that keeps getting rescheduled.

I’m in Canada so my tire options are slightly limited. The coopers are always available and often on sale. The cooper RS3-S is only available by special order.

Also, the current tires are 245/45r17 on cobra R wheels.
Is there a better size I should be looking at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
975 Posts
I have Cooper RS3 A tires on my Roadster. They are at least 6 years old and have been a great tire for highway and spirited back country road driving. This year I noticed that it is getting easier to spin the rear tires on launch so I think the tires have started to harden with age. The sizes I have are 245 45R17 on the front and 275 40R17 on the rear.
Where I live the temperatures drop quickly in the evening and a straight summer performance tire would be dangerous for the drive home after an evening out.

HTH

Norm

·
Junior Charter Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
This is what I needed to hear.

I’m really happy with the Coopers on my mustang and the price and availability is shockingly good.

I’m ashamed to admit how old the current tires on my roadster are, but I’ve only driven at the drag strip on my slicks this year and the street tires are only for storage and trips to the gas station.
Just like you the tires are hard and easy to spin.

I’ll likely pull the trigger on coopers in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts