Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Cooling Tube Clamps

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  flotowngtm 
#1 ·
Anyone replace the cooling tube clamps that come in the kit (metal loops with silicon insulation) with something a little cleaner? I have been looking for a good solution but am concerned about the temps the tubes reach as many of the nice clamps are only rated to 200-275F. Would love to use a similar clamp to what is used in many hydraulic systems here at work. Metal weld plate with plastic clamp halves and metal top plate. I would appreciate any input anyone has as to the tube temps or clamps they have used.

Jayman
GTM#411
Just getting started... first batch of aluminum panels drilled and out for powder coat.

#4 ·
I made these. I have insulating foam sleeves over the coolant tubes, so I made the "openings" about half the difference between the OD of the tubes and the OD of the foam. Wrapped the foam in tape in the area where the "clamps" are located so they don't eat into the foam. These don't actually clamp the tubes rigidly to the chassis, but they keep them from shifting side to side, and once the coolant lines are connected at each end, they can't shift forward and back either. I put a set at the front and a set at the rear.

#6 ·
I just made them yesterday as that was the point in the build I was at. I'd price them at $17+shipping for 2 pair (pair for the front of the tubes and pair for the back). Don't know if they'll make it onto the website or not......I throw them on there if there is anyone else interested in them. Just shoot me an email (to the email address on my website) and give me your shipping address and I'll get back to you with a total. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.