Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im really concerned w/my coolant system; just blew a motor. if got a be cool cap on the fill t that is just off of the thermostat housing; 460 bb; down at the radiator ive got a 12lb cap and a hose off of the neck going into an expansion tank mounted on the x member. the expansion tank is vented; but something just doesnt seem right. Any ideas would be great.
thanx

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
Bern...
I think you need a minimum of 16lbs on the fill cap , and 20 lbs on the radiator , to get proper pressure....I'm not familiar with big blocks , but I would think it would be the same as the 5L , as far as the radiator pressure is concerned.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fans are working properly and the temp is right at 170 on about a 25 mile ride; im just concerned about the pressure release

·
Been There, Broke That
1,573 Posts
Bern, is there a radiator cap on your T-filler? You need to have a lower pressure cap on your radiator if that has the over flow tube than is on the T-filler. You want the cap with the over flow tube to open first. I used 16 lbs on the T-filler with the over flow and and 20 pounds on my radiator.

HTH

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts