Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 engine but I need a computer and the harness from the computer to the engine. Several salvage yards suggest going with a 1992 computer. They said I would only have to change the intake & throttle body. Is this true? I would prefer the 92 computer since it is easier to tweek. Would I have to change the intake manifold or just the plenum? Will my injectors and rails work? I am a novice at this so help is appreciated!
Bob

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I have a 1994 engine but I need a computer and the harness from the computer to the engine. Several salvage yards suggest going with a 1992 computer. They said I would only have to change the intake & throttle body. Is this true? I would prefer the 92 computer since it is easier to tweek. Would I have to change the intake manifold or just the plenum? Will my injectors and rails work? I am a novice at this so help is appreciated!
Bob
You don't need to replace the intake manifold for sure. And I wouldn't bother changing the throttle body either. The MAF would be the only thing I would change.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Rjm

You don't need to replace the intake manifold for sure. And I wouldn't bother changing the throttle body either. The MAF would be the only thing I would change.
Try RJM injection technologies and their wiring harness, they have some good info there, you might also want to try tweecer and quarter horse and EEC tuning.org. I am not sure you even have to change the MAF and the injectors would work if they are in good condition.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts