Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really confused about the PASSENGER side aluminum that rests on the radiator and matches the contour of the body. On the multiple pieces I have received from FFR the "flange" is bent outwards. On the driver side the flange is bent inwards. Does that make sense? I would think on both pieces the flange should be pointed inwards. This is a MKII not that should matter. Please help before I try calling FFR again.

tim

·
Senior Charter Member
302 Posts
Sounds like you have two driver sides. Call FFR.

Don

·
Charter Member
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what has me all messed up. The kit came with two flanges bent the same way, one flange was a lot wider at the front than the other. I called FFR they sent a second piece with a wide flange, that to me is the driver piece. I got help again at FFR and another piece showed up today with the flange pointed the same way as all the others but this one had a small flange like one that came with the kit. What I think I have is two driver pieces bent correctly and two passenger pieces bent incorrectly... unless I am missing something...that's what I need you guys for.

tim

·
Charter Member
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what has me all messed up. The kit came with two flanges bent the same way, one flange was a lot wider at the front than the other. I called FFR they sent a second piece with a wide flange, that to me is the driver piece. I got help again at FFR and another piece showed up today with the flange pointed the same way as all the others but this one had a small flange like one that came with the kit. What I think I have is two driver pieces bent correctly and two passenger pieces bent incorrectly... unless I am missing something...that's what I need you guys for.

tim

·
Charter Member
226 Posts
Tim I wanted two pieces with the wide flange when I call FFR I ask for one that was not bent and did that myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts