Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using a Tweecher to tune an injected 5.0? Thinking about buying one after the build is completed. The data logging feature with a laptop in the car would provide a ton of useful info. Did a search here and couldn't find any posts.

·
Junior Charter Member
289 Posts
Have not used on but have used some similar things. My 2 cents is this...

If you have a LOT of mechanical experience and knowledge of EFI, it could be a good thing (and pretty cool) but most people, myself included do not have that level. Its tough sometimes to find a good dyno facility and they do it every day.

I had a blown 93 Cobra that I worked on, tried to tune myself for a year and never got it right. I ended up getting my tune all jacked up "tweeking" it, and ended back at the dyno shop getting it fixed by a pro. I took it to a good dyno shop and a few hours later it was running better than it ever had, I picked up over 50hp at some points. Its also easy to screw an engine with one of those, and often the damage you do, doesnt show up until parts start breaking.

I would take to a good dyno shop get it done right and drive it!

Just my .02

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input, I understand what your saying. I have been building engines and tunning for a long time, I know not to lean out the mixture or set the timing to 65 deg total.

Dyno tunning is great for a base line to start with, but what if you want to make engine mods after that? Just changing spark plugs to a different heat range will screw it up.

Guess that I'm old school on this subject but everyone drives their car alittle different and wants it to perform to match that style. To me driving around and then looking at the data would be ideal.

·
8,269 Posts
I have a TwEECer and love it. You will definitely need a wide band O2 set up to go with it but once you have them both you're all set. It's a bit of a steep learning curve but the information is out there and there are a number of people here and on the Mustang forums who can provide some good direction. If you are a tweaker then the TwEECer is for you.

·
Banned
7,701 Posts
I asked pretty much the same question last week. Search my previous posts, and there's some good info in that thread, as well.

Greg

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input,Mike we are almost neighbors, about 50 miles north of you. gbranham, guess I misspelled tweecer when I did the search.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts