Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help,
I don't know where else to ask this question, this forum as never let me down when it comes to Cobra questions so here goes.

I am using a bill paying service.
They can go to the credit cards different web sites where I am regestered and retrive my bill. They then send me an e-mail telling me of the bill.

So I was thinking if I had software that could do the same, that is go get my bill automatically it would make life easier and save me some money.

Does anyone out there know if there is such a program and where could I get it.
Thanks,

Jay B

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I can set up my checking account (which I can access over the internet) to automatically pay my bills. I authorize the bank to pay the bill and tell the vendor to send the bill to my bank. Bank pays vendor by generating a check or an electronic transfer - depends on how the vendor wants it done. Power bill, credit cards, etc. Charges show up on my bank statement and the credit cards send a copy of my statement and that it was paid on a certain date.

Great set up if you travel a lot because you can review your account from anywhere in the world there is an internet port. Best yet, it's free because it saves the bank from handling paper. Saves you stamps.

Talk to your bank and see what they offer. Most do. If they don't, change banks. Some people have two checking accounts. Deposits go into one account and bills to the other. Once a month, they go on line and transfer money from the deposit account to the bill paying account to cover the bills. That way, if someone taps into the bill paying account, they're limited as to how much they can get. One transfer a month and bills are paid. Haven't done that yet; but it's on my "when I get around to it to do list."

·
Premium Member
9,689 Posts
Since I travel alot, well actually all the time, I pay most of my bills via a credit card that is linked to my checking account. I check my card balance on the internet about once a week and if anything shows up, I transfer funds from my checking account to my credit card. Doing it this way bypasses any service or setup fees for a bill pay service.

·
The Traveler
3,093 Posts
I have been using Quicken for years. I pull my bills from my credit cards into Quicken, pull the bank data into quicken, mortgage info into quicken all from a one click on the online center.

I tried using the banks system BUT I have been moving so much that it got to be a pain changing the auto drafts, etc.

Also Quicken makes the end of the year income tax a breeze! Load up turbo tax, it picks up my deductions, and my income... then quickly creates a check ... away the money goes... straight to the government! :D

·
Junior Charter Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the suggustions. I will check with the bank to see what they offer. I know they have bill pay, but I don't know if they will accept bills from vendors and credit cards that arn't theirs.
I have a question about Quicken (I used it years ago ) Are you saying it will go to each credit card and utility company web page (that I program in) and pull my bill?

·
The Traveler
3,093 Posts
If the company supports it yes. The credit cards I use I can access the accounts from quicken. I also pull in my 401K data, stocks, etc all from their new one step update screen.

Over the years Quicken has gotten much better for accessing accounts.

Only issue I see now is Quicken is changing their download protocol. Some instutions are not willing to change over.

·
1,027 Posts
I love Microsoft Money. I have been using it for years and it does everything you are asking. It connects to my bank and brings down all of my transactions. I believe that both Quicken and Money have similar features and both would meet your needs.

·
Banned
200 Posts
microsoft money? that sounds like you could exchange it for some monopoly money and actually have more than you did before :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts