Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got FFR2722 aligned today. Garage owner/manager quoted me $69 even after I told him what it was.
Technician spent two hours on it! He said usually 30 to 45 minutes for alignments. Spent time putting shop towels around lift pads, pry bars etc. Protected all sufaces. I felt as if I got a top-shelf job. First time I ever tipped a mechanic. While it was in the air I also asked for suspension to be greased. No charge for that!!
This was for a computer alignment. Dialed it in to the tenth of a degree. Gave me a com. print out b4 and after! Way cool.
Happy camper here!
Cheers!

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I took mine to a Chevy dealer and got the same treatment that your refering to. They were more "aw" that vettes been given the owner problems from the get go. And needless to say I had about six mechanics working on it and loving it, handles great to, everyone loves the cobra.

Cheers Ray

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ray
Family is going to a wedding in August in Ontario.
I will have to track you down and see that you canadians are doing fine Cobra work!lol
Bill

·
Banned
5,303 Posts
crap, where do you guys live? here no one wants to touch my car... "might be trouble", "might be different", "hey thats not a 10 year old civic, what is it, some exotic car like a peugeot?"

-james

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
James,

What are you saying? I thought you wrote a great article on doing your own alignment! You were the inspiration for my notes!(http://www.ffcars.com/FAQ/irs.html)

Besides, who needs to be within 1/10 degree? It'll change more than that if you sit in it or fill it with gas!

Forrest

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dave
It was indeed! Todd asked me not to mention the price to other FFR owners (guess I can not keep a secret)! Think he is going to charge more for these in the future!
When we cruising??
Bill

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks Bill

I have to get it over there in the next 2 weeks or so-figured a c-note so I guess I am ok. Ready to cruise when the weather warms a little bit-33 degrees this weekend feels a mite cold even with the heater but you never know-if I am out I'll stop by

Dave

·
3,701 Posts
I went to a local GoodYear dealer who charged me $59. They just installed this new super duper computerized alignment machine the day before and it took them almost 3 hours. (Partly because of the new equipment and partly because I have the old-style upper control arms that aren't adjustable.)

It was interesting to watch - they attached those 'reflectors' to all four wheels and from time to time they would roll the car back and forth a little bit. A couple of "digital cameras" would make the measurements and display the results on a computer. Well worth the money.

Here is a link Hunter DSP 400

[ October 31, 2002, 01:37 AM: Message edited by: John / My427SC ]

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
John you crack me up, do you sleep with that camara? :D BTW your paint skeem is killer, if I do a spec it will be the same.
Mike

·
THRAMP-master
3,473 Posts
Damn, I wish I had gotten service that good! The place I took mine to used pliers on the upper arm adjustment locking nuts (obvious from the teeth marks in the nuts) and when adjusting the toe-in, just turned the shaft without loosening the boot - so the steering rack boots were twisted almost one full turn around the shaft! Irritating.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,021 Posts
John -
Ignore them all!!! Sleep with the camera if you want to!!! Just keep it close by. I've used your pictures more than once to figure out what something should look like.

Keep it up!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.