Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've completed the hidden radar detector project and it met my objectives; completely hidden, low cost, but functional.
I'm now ready to do the same with a stereo; completely hidden, low cost and functional. My thought at this time is to mount a stereo which comes with a remote control in the trunk, or glove box area. The down side is you are limited to changing the CDs on the fly. Any thoughts?

·
7,842 Posts
Heres a pictre of my hidden install.

As you can see it is totally hidden. :D :D :D Seriously though i have a Totally hidden (brand) stereo and it works fine. I even hooked up a 10 disc cd changer to it that is in the trunk. I think they advertise in the back of Kit Car magazine.

[ May 04, 2002, 06:19 AM: Message edited by: Michael Everson ]

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
"...you are limited to changing the CDs on the fly". Why would you want to do that? I have a 10-disc CD changer in the trunk and a loaded second 10-disc cassette I occasionally change/load... no need to change "...on the fly".

“Burn” copies of your original CD’s… they’ll go through a lot of abuse. And make sure your changer has at least a decent 10-12 second amount of memory retention.

If your head unit is going to be visible on the rear bulkhead an infrared remote will work. But if it’s mounted totally out of sight like in the trunk you’ll have to rely upon a wireless 2-way signal or wired remote to control/access the head unit and changer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts