Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the advantages of buying the complete kit vs buy-in in stages??
Is the bench seat in the Gen 2 adjustable or is it bolt to fit your leg length??
Thanks in advance,
Bob McLaughlin

·
Senior Charter Member
3,272 Posts
Biggest thing to remember is that unless you pick it up each time you will pay for shipping twice.
As for the seat you can move it forward and back a little but not a ton.
Todd

·
Registered
307 Posts
When I buy my 33, I will buy the whole thing. I get the idea of separating the chassis and the body to give time to save up and all, but I do not want to pay for shipping each time. I also would only buy a complete kit and things change and builds take longer than expected. I am sure that Factory Five is in good financial shape and all, but if something happens or they stop making the hot rod, you do not want to be stuck with just a chassis.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bought mine in stages. If I had to do it over again I would definitely purchase the whole kit. The shipping is a factor but there are things in stage 2 you will want to fit and not have. The radiator and steering wheel are just two.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Get the whole kit. It doesn't take long to assemble the stage one and then you are waiting for stage two.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Buy the whole kit at the same time - lots of builders advocating starting with the body fitment first and I wish I took this approach as well....

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you get the whole kit you will have lots of things to do while waiting for FFR to work down the back order list!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I went through the same analysis. Shipping for me, since I am in the southwest, is $2000+ each time so i bought a complete kit. Also, the way they split up the parts in the stages really does not make sense. I am sure they are splitting it even monetarily, but they need to split it with functionality in mind. The last I looked Stage 1 did not have seats or gauges and such so you could not go cart it. I'd rather pay 12k for stage one and have something functional, than 10K for and have to wait until I get stage 2 to do anything with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also noticed some accessory price differences last night. If you look at the Electric Power Steering option for instance... On the complete kit it is listed for $1099.00 but on the Stage 1 is listed as $1250.00. There are several others like this as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the feedback Seth. I was thinking of going with the bench seat but now, not so much. Going to tour Factory Five in a few weeks to try the 33 on for size.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts