1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I love this line from the auction..

"Average selling price for Mid-Range Built GTM's last year at Barrett-Jackson was $84,700. "
let's dig in and see what that number was based on eh?

Auction results and data for 2006 Factory Five Racing GTM. Barrett-Jackson - Scottsdale 2011 | Conceptcarz.com

Data based on 1 auction sales
*Average Sale Value : $84,700
*Lowest Sale Value : $84,700
*Highest Sale Value : $84,700

please - if you're going to quote statistics, make them at least half believable? An average price based on a sample of 1? :confused1:

·
Registered
12 Posts
we know - http://www.ffcars.com/forums/127-gt...-end-build-titled-turn-key-gtm-sale-ebay.html

It would help your chances if you put some carriage returns in the description, corrected the grammar, and maybe mentioned something about the drive line and brakes...
Rockpool: before you continue to criticize GTM Auction Listings, please get your facts straight. You've clearly mixed up auctions. Bestdealsautos is who started this thread because they have their red GTM listed on ebay yet you referenced MY cyber grey GTM thread "High end build, titled, turn key gtm for sale on ebay $$$$" when bashing THEIR listing of imperfections.

Here is THEIR red GTM from Bestdealsautos currently on ebay that you criticized for grammatical errors and lack of information on drivetrain and brakes. Ebay item #110963224573
Other Makes : FACTORY FIVE GTM SUPERCAR GTM in Other Makes | eBay Motors

Here is MY cyber grey GTM which you MISTAKENLY criticized for grammatical errors and lack of drivetrain and brake information, which my ad is grammatically correct and CLEARLY spells out LS376 crate motor, G50-20 6sp trans, and 6piston brakes with 13" rotors etc. etc. Ebay item #261105729382
Other Makes Factory Five Racing in Other Makes | eBay Motors

It is disrespectful and unprofessional no matter how you look at it. Let people sell their cars the way they want to sell their cars as the errors you've called out are not that serious. A misspelled word is not going to change how the car drives. If you have nothing good to say, please don't say anything at all.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
my bad, but it was actually YOUR auction I was criticizing for poor formatting, grammer and bad statistics...

we could debate all day, but

Nose intake and vent rib was modified on fiberglass hood assembly prior to paint to get rid of the stock valley in factory hood.
(pre-morning tea)

Just seems really clumsy to me - maybe it's the fact that you intended it to be a list of features, rather than one humungous blob of text? Maybe you meant :-

"The nose intake and vent rib were modified on the original fiberglass hood assembly prior to paint, to get rid of the stock valley in the factory hood."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261091813494#ht_637wt_1167

You're entitled to your opinion as much as I am, but you post a sale item in a forum which exists to help people in all ways re FF cars, and you don't expect anyone to offer you some help in selling yours? Yes, nothing you have written affects the way your car drives, but hey, there's a chance don't you think it might affect how many people try to BUY it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
my bad, but it was actually YOUR auction I was criticizing for poor formatting, grammer and bad statistics...

we could debate all day, but

(pre-morning tea)

Just seems really clumsy to me - maybe it's the fact that you intended it to be a list of features, rather than one humungous blob of text? Maybe you meant :-

"The nose intake and vent rib were modified on the original fiberglass hood assembly prior to paint, to get rid of the stock valley in the factory hood."

Other Makes Factory Five Racing | eBay

You're entitled to your opinion as much as I am, but you post a sale item in a forum which exists to help people in all ways re FF cars, and you don't expect anyone to offer you some help in selling yours? Yes, nothing you have written affects the way your car drives, but hey, there's a chance don't you think it might affect how many people try to BUY it?
Well I'm glad you have nothing but time on your hands, unfortunately I do not as there are more important things to accomplish than sitting on the web all day criticizing people's auctions for grammatical errors.

Obviously your points are irrelevant as I had 33 bids, 100 watchers, and over 4,000 views on my auction that say otherwise. People spending this kind of money on high end supercars are not idiots and have the ability to recognize a nice car when they see one.

Best of luck in your future internet auditing. Please do not waste anymore of my time or fellow forum members' time with these wasteful posts. I'm no longer participating in this debate.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The red car is being offered by a car dealer who took it in on trade according to his email to me when I inquired as to which exact engine it had in it.
The answer was a bit vague as it would be on a car that the seller didn't have all the exact details on and was going by what the person he got it from told him and what he has picked up off the Factory Five website.
Not bad for an entry level drivable GTM though.

I don't care if the gent selling the gray car can spell or not or if he embellishes his add a bit. If I had the cash on hand to make a deal we would be dealing as I do like that car and it appears to have the right pieces that make it a special car.

Two entirely different cars. one that is offered for not a lot if any more than it would cost to buy the kit and the pieces and assemble it to that point. The other obviously having had a lot of extra work and good stuff put into it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I spoke with the guy that was selling the red one down in FLorida that owns the private dealer. He really does not know anything about FF or the GTM but took the car in on trade for a S63 AMG and does not want a stick shift car since him, his son, or his wife can drive a 6 speed. It looks like a nice car for $50k but with no way of financing even half of the price of the car makes it difficult for him to sell it. Once again just notes from my conversation with him from earlier this week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.