Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Been There, Broke That
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a TKO 600 in my car, so I always follow postings about issues and problems that others are having. I just got done reading about Bill from Va's problems with his TKO and how Tremec tried to help him through it, in the end sending him a new transmission when they couldnt solve his problem. Bill says they even sent him a cool Tremec jacket for being so pleasant and patient about the whole thing:

http://www.ffcars.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/ubb/get_topic/f/1/t/079435.html

Well, there is a thread going on over at CC with the heading "TKO 600 Warning !!!!" where the guy goes on a rant bashing the dealer who sold him the tranny and bashing Tremec, they wouldnt cover it under warranty and how badly he was treated. After bashing Tremec it turns out the guy lied about how he broke the tranny. In his initial letter reporting the problem, he said he was just driving on the street when the problem developed. Then he later admitted it happened when he was at the dragstrip. Both the dealer and Tremec determined after examining the tranny that he miss shifted into third while power-shifting and broke 3rd gear. Amazingly to me, despite the lies and despite the fact he broke it while mishifting at the dragstrip, many people at CC feel the dealer and Tremec should have given the guy a new tranny. The CC thread is long but very entertaining:

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73975

Anyway, I found the outcomes of the two threads interesting. There is a moral to the story here.

Take care.

Tom

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,092 Posts
Also they like bashing stuff over there. I have the old TKO in my mustang, 471rwhp and 489rwtq with over 100 drag strip passes on it no problems.

·
Been There, Broke That
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tom, you have way too much time on you hands.
Look who's talking. Get back to work. ;)

·
Been There, Broke That
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hell yeah, I'll be there tomorrow, at 9:00 am. It's a long drive for me though. Probably have to leave my house about 8:58

See you there.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,092 Posts
It is a long drive. do you want to meet for breakfast before? maybe Tony is watching?

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman FFR-4618
2,192 Posts
Tony is watching, but he is working there tomorrow.

·
Builder of OVERKILL!!
539 Posts
I had my old TKO 500 in a 3400-3500 pound Mustang Cobra with 646 to 740rwhp for over 3 years of street and drag racing and the thing just would not die. That was with a Mcleod street twin clutch that would not slip at all. I will be using a TKO 600 by MMR in my FFR. TKO tranny's are the best in my book!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts