Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recomend a web site that has a good representation of actual paint colors available?? House of Kolors wants $47.00 for their paint chip catalogue, and I just wanna' browse for ideas..I scoured the paint gallery
section on our site here, but could not find an addy for a site w/ a viewable color chip-chart.
Thanx, Brian

·
Junior Charter Member
38 Posts
Try Mac's Paint on Old Auburn Blvd Citrus Heights they have lots of color catologs. Try giving them a call and see if they have what you want.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's an old time hot Rod painter friend of my dad's. He says he can mix any color and I wanted to have some "Stock" ideas to bring to him. I've seen 4 or 5 cars he's done and they are beautiful. I just wanted an online chip guide too browse through. Brian

·
Charter Member
2,035 Posts
Be careful viewing online. I found the same colors in different catalogs looking different. I found the same colors from the same online catalog looking different on different PC's due to monitor brands and settings.

I visited almost every new car dealership in my area on Sunday's when they were closed looking at colors and that's how I narrowed my choices. I then asked the dealerships for the paint codes for my finalists.

Oh, and don't tell the wife you are driving around for days/hours looking at color choices. That way when you pick "blue" she won't say you wasted all that time and ended up with blue in the end. Don't ask me how I know this... ;)

·
Slacker Extraordinaire
2,811 Posts
Jerry's paints on Fulton has almost everything you could want. They let me take chips home and return when I purchase. They are a DuPont and HOK dealer as well as others

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Try and look at a car that has the paint color you want first hand.Find the color in the book then go to the dealer who has the car that paint came on. Most all chips in books are not the actual paint but a pic of the paint or ink.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts