Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at my hood, and it looks like there would be room to put some type of vent that could be epoxied to the underside of the hood to direct cold air from the hood scoop over to the air filter.

Would the fact that this cool air would just be mixing with all the hot air coming through the radiator completely negate any benefit?

I really should focus on just getting the car done, but was wondering if it's worth tinkering around to help take advantage of the hood scoop.

·
GTM Fanatic
1,560 Posts
maybe if you make something like the cervini hoods do on the mustangs.. basically you box your filter and leave an opening on the top. with a small hole on the bottom of the box to let out water that collects inside. put weather stripping rubber to seal the top of the box to the "directing tube" that you attach to the top. this could be easily made out of fiberglass make a mock up out of cardboard line it all up and then just glass right over the mock up. i think it can be made fairly easy. i hope u get what im saying.

Lev

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Not worth the effort to use the scoop for cold air IMO. There's too many turns and not much clearance, plus the opening is a little small. You're better off running tubing up front like Cobra Earls.

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Earls does seem like a better option.

I would just have to build a box around the cone filter to it would be only cold air getting to the engine.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Dan,
Like the idea. Just bought a 'ram air hood' from Cervini's for a '94 Mustang. Sounds like the same sort of thing. If you do it show pic's and we will copy!
Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts