Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was assembling one of my coil overs this morning and FFR's instructions say to bend or cut the center of the spring stops so it does not damage the coil over unit...

WTH??

I looked at it all sorts of different ways and couldn't see where anything would interfere with anything else.

ALSO...I have the coil overs on all 4 corners...I opened up BOX #1 a few weeks ago...I now have a pair of shocks (which I am assuming ar the fronts...and FOUR springs...two in Pro Shock boxes, and 2 shrink wrapped nad bubble wrapped.

I went ahead and assembled the front coil overs with the BOXED springs...

Was this correct??

Are the 4 coil overs on the car identical? Or are they front rear dependant?

Thanks!

Neill

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
It didn't make much sense to me either, until I tried to assemble the parts. The text refers to mounting the shocks to the stock Ford lower A-arm. You bolt the bottom of the shock to the supplied Ford bracket (in box #1), using the supplied spacers.

Then the Ford bracket is bolted almost horizontally through the existing hole in the A-arm. When you do that, you will notice that the bottom of the shock hits the A-arm spring pocket. You will see that you need to cut a small section out of the spring pocket. I used a sawzall; took about 5 minutes.

When you bolt it together, you will notice that the stud in the Ford bracket is considerablt smaller than the hole. I'm not sure what to do about that, if anything. I'm considering welding a plate onto the outside of the A-arm, and drilling a new hole. But I'm probably over-engineering - again.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the clarification...does it make any difference that I am using the FFR lowers?? I can't see where there will be any interference.

Thanks!

Neill

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
Ignore the remove spring perch part if using the FFR arms. Also they mount upside down compared to the pics in the manual with a spacer on the shock rod. There was a thread a while ago about the FFR lowers. Hope this helps. Cheers Richard.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Richard Oben:
Ignore the remove spring perch part if using the FFR arms. Also they mount upside down compared to the pics in the manual with a spacer on the shock rod. There was a thread a while ago about the FFR lowers. Hope this helps. Cheers Richard.
Yeap...the LCA instructions that came with the lowers has the ammendment to mount the coil-overs upside down...

It looks fine to me!!

:cool:

Neill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.