Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had some trouble with the coil over shock instal for both the front and rear. The rod end of the shock is apparantly lock tighted on. I have asked for slotted caps to fit under or over the rod without removing the rods ends. Has anyone else had this problem? Also, can you slot the tops that come with the shocks.

Finally, do you need the lock upbrackets on the MKIII for the rear end, if you are using the coil over shocks? The manual and the option notes conflict.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
4,241 Posts
FFR back about 2-3 months ago sent out a supply of Bilsteins that had the nuts lock tighted on from the factory... The fixed the situation by sending out caps with the slot in them... Call FFR and tell them what U have.

Rgds

Rob

·
3,760 Posts
Here's the original thread about the Bilsteins that were shipped with locktite on the nuts.

The thread is about front shocks, but just a couple weeks ago I found that my rear Bilsteins were locktited, and I needed the slotted caps. One call to Steve Dutton at Factory Five, problem solved. My slotted caps arrived in the mail a few days later.

Good luck!

AJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.