Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
FFR 4331
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my first ever FFR parts and I have some questions:

1. On one of my coil over shocks, the serial number is 'X'd out (see picture). What does this mean? Is this a used or refurbished part? Should I send it back and request another one?

2. On the three link "thing", the angled steel piece does not seem to be parallel with the square tube. It seems to be at an angle (see picture). Is this right?

Sorry if these are basic questions. I'm collecting some parts in advance of ordering my kit next spring and don't want to wait until my build next year to learn that I have a problem with some of my parts. Thanks!

CJ

[ September 11, 2002, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Cobra Jones ]

·
Charter Member
750 Posts
I can't help with the coil-over, but my 3-link part is welded the same way. Havn't tried to bolt it up yet, but I would guess that it is welded correctly.Hope this helps.
Ergie

·
6,546 Posts
The 3 link aparatus looks weird, but it bolts in perfectly. I mean perfectly.

The pads with the holes are bolted to the quad shock mounting brackets. The tube with the lug on it bolts to the drivers side 4" main tube.

FYI.

·
FFR 4331
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! All is well.

CJ

·
FFR 4331
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Because...when parts go on sale (during events like the 3-day sale) and I can save $200 on parts I'll need, I buy them. I've actually been planning my build for a Spring 2003 start.

Why do you ask?

CJ

·
Registered
101 Posts
CJ-
Sorry if I sounded rude in that post...didn't mean to. I'm in the planning stages right now and was just curious what the incentive was to buy stuff ahead of time (other than the donor car). I didn't know FFR had sales on stuff. I'm glad I asked because now I know.
Thanks.
Mike

·
FFR 4331
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by MikeC:
CJ-
Sorry if I sounded rude in that post...didn't mean to. I'm in the planning stages right now and was just curious what the incentive was to buy stuff ahead of time (other than the donor car). I didn't know FFR had sales on stuff. I'm glad I asked because now I know.
Thanks.
Mike
No sweat dude, you weren't rude! It's cool.

For the record, the sale was sponsored and organized by our awesome forum admins and was available to FFCars members only. Good stuff!

CJ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts