Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished fabricating my mounting bracket for my coil. I'm going to put it on the front of the engine on the driver side.

Since it's closer to the distributor, do I need to use a shorter cable or can I use the stock size. Since I've already got the spark plug wires, I'd like to use the cable I already have...but is there a reason why I should use a shorter one?

·
4,013 Posts
Dan,

It is pretty easy to shorten the coil wire. Just silicone the wire right behind the boot, slip the boot back. Then you "unclamp" the connector, cut the wire to length, strip the rubber off, bend the conductor back and reclamp it. Makes for a nicer look, IMHO. If you can build a Cobra, you can do this quite easily.

Henry

·
3,645 Posts
I did my coil wire in about 10 minutes

·
Registered
906 Posts
Dan,

If your coil bracket is on the top of the 3/4" top tube in the engine compartment area, consider fitting of the body, as the hood flange rests on the top of the tube. Also if you have the FFR hood hinge, it hangs down and may conflict with the coil.

If it sounds like this is from first hand experience, .... you know the rest.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.