Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had any luck searching the forum for this, yet... does anyone have photos of the sheetmetal in the front of the cockpit? I can find lots of photos of the troublesome rear part, but nothing in the front. I'm trying to figure out the "right" way to mount the u-shaped piece that goes at the front of the transmission tunnel. I've figured out the best fit for the transmission tunnel top is over the floor panels, but I can't figure out if the front piece should go over everything, under everything, or exactly how they should all meet. I have the FFMetal footboxes, too. None of the parts line up exactly right and its going to take some persuasion, so I don't want to persuade it wrong. :D

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
These might help a little ... it's Mk II

·
Charter Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, thats a big help.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I made a small mod in the drivers foot box that you might be interested in. The stock dropped floor shape has a sharp step right where your heels would be, so I made a filler piece to form a 45° ramp there.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,235 Posts
Pictures??

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
This is the only picture I could find of the step filler. Not a real great shot but it's a simple piece with a 45° flange.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
ttt

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,235 Posts
Thanks. Just one more thing to add to the ever growing list.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Be aware that it will screw up the carpet fit, as the flap that bends down into the sunken area will now be too short. Which I found out later.
You have to make a splice with the lower piece, and I ended up putting a bit of black silicone across the seam to make sure it wouldn't peel up.

/ultra black silicone is really charcoal grey
//gotta do the mods while you have the chance, especially on the body shape

1 - 11 of 11 Posts