Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is everyone using for a cover when you get caught away in weather? I really like the look of the "Piggyback" cover, but I can't get one for months and over $500 Canadian with shipping. The folks at Piggyback were awesome, helpful, and make beautiful covers but I might have to try something else in the interim. What other options are out there??
Thanks.
BLES

·
Registered
82 Posts
For cover while driving, look at FFR's premium soft top. Pricey, but nice. For cover while parked, search the forum for the snapless tonneau cover.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is everyone using for a cover when you get caught away in weather? I really like the look of the "Piggyback" cover, but I can't get one for months and about $500 Canadian with shipping. What other options are out there??
Thanks.
BLES
For cover while driving, look at FFR's premium soft top. Pricey, but nice. For cover while parked, search the forum for the snapless tonneau cover.
Thanks Mark. Piggyback referred me to the snapless folks, too. Cant believe I haven't seen them before. They look great.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,716 Posts
My cheap protection when traveling and have to leave the car out in the weather, is an inexpensive indoor car cover from Walmart to protect the paint then a cheap blue tarp from Harbor Freight and some bungy cords. Its been left out in heavy rain storms a couple times and this set up although not pretty keeps the car dry as a bone.
Other wise there are other car cover companies out there that make good weather proof stuff probably for a little less than what you're looking at. California car cover is one that comes to mind.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'll give a second vote to the Snapless Tonneau. Each one is custom made, so it fits YOUR car perfectly. I travel with one of those as well as a waterproof cover in the trunk. I don't plan on installing any kind of top on the car. Goretex is soooooo much cheaper.

Scott

·
Snake Farmer
10,261 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've ordered a "Snapless" from Phil and Kay. Thanks for the ideas. Will keep you posted.
BLES

·
Well Used Member
224 Posts
I've ordered a "Snapless" from Phil and Kay. Thanks for the ideas. Will keep you posted.
Phil And Kay make the best snappless cover and it fits. Can't go wrong.
Link? Website?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have the Snapless cover also. You won't go wrong. Great to work with!!!

·
Junior Charter Member
2,889 Posts
I have the snapless cover and the premium soft top. Both great products.

If $500 made you cringe, you had better sit down and have a shot of Jack before you look at the soft top price!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If $500 made you cringe, you had better sit down and have a shot of Jack before you look at the soft top price!
It's not the selling price that make me cringe, it's the doubling of it when it crosses into Canada that gets me!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts