Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Yep - I simply used the ones in the mustang harness and positioned them so they shoot some light at the footboxes. I wired a switch on the dash for them. It's handy at night if you're trying to find something on the floor like the garage door opener, sunglasses, etc.

·
Premium Member
18,143 Posts
I have a pair of license plate lights from NAPA mounte over each foot box. Operated by a simple toggle switch on the dash.

Redman found some pretty nice strip lights at JC Whitney.

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
I just got some led style ones. Not sure if I'll use the switch on the dash or somewhere else. I'm not going to wire any fancy switches in the door....too much work. I just want to get on the road already.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Bob,

My company makes led pods with colored leds, so I had some white led pods made for my roadster to use over the foot wells and in the trunk. Some of the other guys on the forum were interested, so I had some made for them as well. Each pod has 6 leds and they mount with double sided tape.

I have a few more if you are interested. They are $7.50 per pod.

Tanner

·
Senior Charter Member
633 Posts
Yep. Either door activates both courtesy lights mounted on the radio console under the dash by door jamb switches. I also used the chrome teardrop-shaped map light from the donor which was mounted near the windshield rear-view mirror. I mounted it on the rear cockpit/trunk wall between the seat backs. It is dash switched and can be moved to hold a set position so driver or passenger can read a map, etc.
Victoria British in their latest MGB catalog has a courtesy light kit.
http://www.ffcars.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=035107#000000

·
Senior Charter Member
381 Posts
Is NO-ONE going at Wurf? Come on. Someone should make this remark!

Why drive with sunglasses at night!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Dutch,

It is because Wurf's future is so bright!

Tanner

·
Senior Charter Member
3,613 Posts
Shhhh, They weren't Wurf's sunglasses!
We suspect...That's all she was wearing!

Bob, I kept it simple too. Used two from the Donor's rear hatch placing them in the top area of the FootBoxes and added an AutoZone light in the trunk. Control them all with a single switch on the FAR left of the dash.

They're a Good Thing! Good Luck.

·
Senior Charter Member
633 Posts
Autozone has a number of designs. Most of them screw into a threaded hole. They can be mounted in the 2x2 dash hoop and activated by the door hinge.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
I installed a light in each foot box. I got the lights from Watson's Streetworks, p/n L05G. They operate when either door is opened or the GM headlight switch is turned fully counter-clockwise. The Mustang courtesy lights circuit has the bulbs always grounded and the switch controls the power. The GM headlight switch requires the bulbs to always have power and the switch controls the ground. Hence, the donor circuit needed slight modification to function with the GM switch. Here's a bad diagram: http://www.ffrcobra.com/pab/Foot%20Box%20Courtesy%20Light%20Wiring.gif The pin switches which are at each door aren't shown on the drawing. Each pin switch is simply "T"ed into the wire on the ground side of one of the bulbs. So, opening either door turns both lights on.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Like several said above, I'm using a dash swtich for two llights from autozone. Attached to the 2X2 and above each footbox. I used an always hot wire so that I can turn them on without the key in. That way, as you approach the car at night, you can have some light before getting in and turning on the key.

·
Registered
537 Posts
actually, i used two spot lamps from low voltage landscape lighting mounted under the dash.. just buy the cheapest two that you can find, take them apart until you get down to the porcelein holder, and make a tiny bracket to mount them... Bright as heck, and will be wired with a standard mustang door switch-- mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts