Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
I got asked to do a pickup whilst out in the cobra, I'll text you the details she said. Turned out to be a flower arrangement from a local florist. Put it on the passenger seat and it stood as tall as the top of the windscreen. Had to drive home slowly as I needed to support it with one hand and try not to wind damage it. Don't have any photos but I'm sure I gave a few locals a good laugh.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hey Tonywy,

I am sorry to hear that you are in a situation where you feel unsafe taking your car out. Not sure if this helps, but I have noted the following during drives:
  • I don't feel personally 'watched' if I have a passenger onboard and therefore feel safer.
  • I don't go out on Saturday night late, cos that's when all the f##k-knuckle wannabe racers are out til 5 in the morning. After that they are all tucked up in bed or wrapped around a tree, so Sunday mornings are awesome.

An interesting observation, I get a load more thumbs up and comments if I am wearing my trade uniform while driving. Maybe I look more approachable,I don't know.
I crawled through some roadworks one arvo and the traffic controller turned the sign to stop as I drew level with him. A big burly bloke with huge beard, he got on his knees and started bowing to the car. Rest of the gang were cheering him and me on. Its possible the Cobra could be classed as the working man's sports car, I dunno.
All I know is my orange work clothes make friends.

If all else fails, move to Australia.🙂

1 - 2 of 2 Posts