Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let’s start this thread. Post pics of you stuffing ridiculous amounts of stuff into your roadster. Costco optional
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive lighting Vehicle

Food Textile Cuisine Retail Market

Wheel Car Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yep LOL been there done that!

me: heading out for a drive
wife: can you stop at Costco?
me: errrmmmm I'm heading out for a drive in the Cobra
wife: it's only a few things, I'll text you the list while your out.

me at Costco looking at the list.... You gotta be kidding....

·
Registered
247 Posts
I got asked to do a pickup whilst out in the cobra, I'll text you the details she said. Turned out to be a flower arrangement from a local florist. Put it on the passenger seat and it stood as tall as the top of the windscreen. Had to drive home slowly as I needed to support it with one hand and try not to wind damage it. Don't have any photos but I'm sure I gave a few locals a good laugh.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't know how anyone could do it, I would never even take my car to an area that there is big box stores, yet alone park in the parking lot unattended. IMHO you are setting yourself for bad things to happen. I'm even concerned about a normal ride and carjacking anymore. The world we live in today is not a good place. Please be smarter.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know how anyone could do it, I would never even take my car to an area that there is big box stores, yet alone park in the parking lot unattended. IMHO you are setting yourself for bad things to happen. I'm even concerned about a normal ride and carjacking anymore. The world we live in today is not a good place. Please be smarter.
you don't take your car anywhere with an unattended parking lot in the middle of the day? grocery store?
As others have discussed in the past, I'm not super worried about car jacking or theft. I have good insurance, a hidden kill switch for the fuel pump that needs to be actuated at the right time, and a manual transmission. I feel those are enough theft deterrents. I take any opportunity to get this car out on a nice day just to drive it, it's so much fun. it's become my weekly grocery-go-getter on sunday mornings as long as it's not raining. I've got 1000mi so far on the odometer with my longest distance drive only 40-50mi, so lots of local runs/errands.

Keep those pics coming. I want to see some good ones!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got asked to do a pickup whilst out in the cobra, I'll text you the details she said. Turned out to be a flower arrangement from a local florist. Put it on the passenger seat and it stood as tall as the top of the windscreen. Had to drive home slowly as I needed to support it with one hand and try not to wind damage it. Don't have any photos but I'm sure I gave a few locals a good laugh.
haha, i can just imagine you getting home with the arrangement with all the pedals blown off the flowers! :)

Reactions: Nigel Allen

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep LOL been there done that!

me: heading out for a drive
wife: can you stop at Costco?
me: errrmmmm I'm heading out for a drive in the Cobra
wife: it's only a few things, I'll text you the list while your out.

me at Costco looking at the list.... You gotta be kidding....
I could've fit much more had I taken the paper towels and diapers out of their packaging.
I've bought a BBQ grill before at Lowes only to find that there was no way I could get it in my honda accord coupe. ended up taking it out of the box and wedging the top of the grill shell in the passenger seat against the dash with the seat all the way back and reclined.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hey Tonywy,

I am sorry to hear that you are in a situation where you feel unsafe taking your car out. Not sure if this helps, but I have noted the following during drives:
  • I don't feel personally 'watched' if I have a passenger onboard and therefore feel safer.
  • I don't go out on Saturday night late, cos that's when all the f##k-knuckle wannabe racers are out til 5 in the morning. After that they are all tucked up in bed or wrapped around a tree, so Sunday mornings are awesome.

An interesting observation, I get a load more thumbs up and comments if I am wearing my trade uniform while driving. Maybe I look more approachable,I don't know.
I crawled through some roadworks one arvo and the traffic controller turned the sign to stop as I drew level with him. A big burly bloke with huge beard, he got on his knees and started bowing to the car. Rest of the gang were cheering him and me on. Its possible the Cobra could be classed as the working man's sports car, I dunno.
All I know is my orange work clothes make friends.

If all else fails, move to Australia.🙂

·
Charter Member
1,125 Posts
One of the things that amazed people was when my wife was able to ride along. She needs a wheelchair wherever we go. I would park in a handicap spot and take the wheelchair out of the trunk, then I'd get my wife out of the car and into the chair. This activity drew somewhat of a cheering section as we completed the task. Sorry, wish I had pictures of this, but alas I don't. Unfortunately I'm no longer able to get her into the car without her legs getting tangled up, so those days are behind us. Oh, along with the wheelchair we sometimes had a picnic basket, and a soft cooler with drinks. These trunks hold more than you think they might.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One of the things that amazed people was when my wife was able to ride along. She needs a wheelchair wherever we go. I would park in a handicap spot and take the wheelchair out of the trunk, then I'd get my wife out of the car and into the chair. This activity drew somewhat of a cheering section as we completed the task. Sorry, wish I had pictures of this, but alas I don't. Unfortunately I'm no longer able to get her into the car without her legs getting tangled up, so those days are behind us. Oh, along with the wheelchair we sometimes had a picnic basket, and a soft cooler with drinks. These trunks hold more than you think they might.
wheelchair in the trunk?! you must have had a custom drop trunk or a teeny wheelchair.

·
Registered
87 Posts
you don't take your car anywhere with an unattended parking lot in the middle of the day? grocery store?
As others have discussed in the past, I'm not super worried about car jacking or theft. I have good insurance, a hidden kill switch for the fuel pump that needs to be actuated at the right time, and a manual transmission. I feel those are enough theft deterrents. I take any opportunity to get this car out on a nice day just to drive it, it's so much fun. it's become my weekly grocery-go-getter on sunday mornings as long as it's not raining. I've got 1000mi so far on the odometer with my longest distance drive only 40-50mi, so lots of local runs/errands.

Keep those pics coming. I want to see some good ones!
Ditto this!
500+ miles this past weekend alone! 6k so far this year. I drive it anywhere and everywhere I can. Granted, yes, there are some places I don't take it.. ie. I have Jury Duty the next 3 days and I am not leaving it all day in a downtown parking lot, outside next to where a lot disadvantaged people hang out and are released from jail... Quick runs to stores tho! Yep, sure no problem!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Went to Three Oaks Michigan one year and got seven bushels of apples in the trunk ! sorry no pix.
Two farmers were laughing when I told them it rides like a Caddy now !😂🤣😂

·
Registered
777 Posts
Is this smart enough? 🤣

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Tire

·
Charter Member
1,125 Posts
wheelchair in the trunk?! you must have had a custom drop trunk or a teeny wheelchair.
No, just the standard MK II trunk. The wheelchair is all aluminum and plastic and does fold. The wheels just barely made it into the front section of the trunk.

·
Junior Charter Member
969 Posts
No pics but my parents were out for a cruise in their FFR and a guy was putting about two dozen milk crates out for the trash.
My dad wanted them so he left mom on the side of the road and loaded the trunk and passenger seat with crates and drove them home, then returned for a second load of crates and returned to pick up mom after getting all the crates home safely.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No pics but my parents were out for a cruise in their FFR and a guy was putting about two dozen milk crates out for the trash.
My dad wanted them so he left mom on the side of the road and loaded the trunk and passenger seat with crates and drove them home, then returned for a second load of crates and returned to pick up mom after getting all the crates home safely.
Ha! Wouldn’t it make more sense to get a bigger car after the first trip home so he could take the remaining crates AND your mom home at the same time? He has a VERY understanding wife.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Not my roadster, but this is what it looks like when you stuff the gear for a 2-week climbing trip to Yosemite in a Mitsubishi Eclipse...We absolutely filled the trunk with MREs.

2000 Yosemite 1 by jhsitton, on Flickr

2000 Yosemite MREs by jhsitton, on Flickr

1 - 20 of 21 Posts