Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear that Trick flow heads have a ridge around the top of them, and its hard to get after market valve covers to seal properly.

I really want to take off my stock cover's and put on some that say cobra. Any recomendations?

·
Registered
854 Posts
I've got them also, no leaks or seal probs as of yet.... I have the O-ring TFS heads....

·
Junior Charter Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys iam not sure what the issue was just that the original builder said he bought some after market cobra valve covers and could not get them to seal.

Maybe it was just the gaskets.

·
Ford Junkie
1,670 Posts
Only problem I had with Twisted Wedge heads (circa '97 castings) was that the height of the valve cover deck surface was higher than stock heads and other aftermarket heads which pushed the valve covers up against the upper intake (94-95 style Cobra) which resulted in the need for a 1/2" phenolic spacer between the upper and lower intake. No valve cover sealing issues whatsoever and no ridge.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,086 Posts
I had to modify my throttle cable bracket to clear the valve cover (or run a phenolic spacer). The stock Ford valve cover gaskets (metal with rubber seal) do not seal to the Trick Flow heads (the gasket surface must be a slightly different shape than stock). Dad bough a new set of Ford gaskets and they leaked like there was no gasket there. Just use a rubber or cork aftermarket gasket, I used some rubber/shim stock core gaskets from Speedway Motors and have had no issues with the gaskets..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts