Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a set of cobra powered by ford valve covers for a 351 windsor with a carb...I also have roller rockers...which valve covers do I need...I know that some are only for efi motors...and the other ones don't say if they will work with roller rockers....thanks alot for the info...later...

·
Charter Member
82 Posts
Sorry to jump in to your topic like this, but I was wondering the same thing, but for the 460 crate motors w/ roller rockers... anyone?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
I got the Tonny D's on my 351 mill with true rolers. He has two version Polished and satin.. $200 for the polished and they look great!

·
Senior Charter Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does anyone make the black valve covers...I really don't car for the satin or polished...

·
Senior Charter Member
3,588 Posts
From Summit Racing :
Ford: 289-351W, with "Cobra powered by Ford" logo, die-cast aluminum, satin black, valve covers
FMS-M6582A, $107.95

I've got the EFI Cobra valve covers. It did take a little grinding to get them to clear my roller rockers, but they'll fit.

Pete

·
Senior Charter Member
4,012 Posts
351w carbed with roller rockers, went with Ford issued cobra aluminum covers. Took some grinding of the tabs inside, but work fine. Polished, black or natural were all the same price.

·
Senior Charter Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replys...later...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts