Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 1964 movie with Lee Marvin and Angie Dickinson (some young guys may be going 'who?'). About a couple of hitmen and a race car driver. Race car driver drives, of course, a Cobra. Looks like a slabsided 289?

Things caught from 1 minute scene with Cobra on the track:

1. Really skinny tires (circa early 60's racing) leaving really long marks leaving the pit.
2. Angie Dickinson holds onto a grab-bar, and you can see it over her shoulder part way through the scene (no belts on for either actor though, but I'm sure they weren't actually on the track at speed in the car) Another shot from the rear of the car into cockpit, looks like none of the gauges are actually moving. Details.
3. Short view of the mid-shift shifter.
4. Couldn't tell if there were side pipes or not. Side views were short and blurry, maybe so you couldn't ID the actors not being in the car?
5. Engine sounds were great, don't know if it was the same car or not.

Didn't see any of the movie past this scene, about 10-15 minutes in. May be more scenes with the car later. I may have to try to find it at the video store to slo-mo thru the scene just for details.

·
2,372 Posts
Yes the Cobra, is only seen during that first segament, However the rest of the movie is pretty cool in a very 1960's antihero,nobody wins, type way.I caught most of it on video,off the TV this past winter.

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
Dang, Angie's really let herself go.....

·
Registered
467 Posts
Remember the blue Cobra in the first Bad Boyz with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence? Im sure is was a replica because it got totaled in the end. Does anyone know who manufactured it?

Just curious.

·
1,027 Posts
Bad Boyz...

It was fiber glass, so it wasn't old and it wasn't a Kirkham. I have been wanting to grab the movie again and try to ID it. Last time I watched the flick, my eyes were not near keen enough to pick it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.