Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
J. Salmon
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few shots of my Dad and Zulu in dueling Cobras at VIR. What a day!

·
Charter Member
653 Posts
Very Nice!

VIR is my favorite track. Can't wait to finish my Cobra and get it out there!

·
Charter Member
653 Posts
OK - debated posting this one...

Taken just after I earned a pass (me in the Focus) and the next corner worker gave me the pass flag (guess he couldn't believe that I could have just passed a Cobra).

Met the driver afterward - he was taking it easy, but still couldn't believe I was on him.

VIR rules! This thread has got me all fired up to go work on the car, so I can be on track next spring :)

·
2010 FFCars Graduate
3,032 Posts
Dave06, is that an SVT? I had a blue 2002. Sold it after I started on the MkIII.
It was a very fun car to drive. I would have loved to run it on a track.

·
Charter Member
653 Posts
Originally posted by speed2much:
Dave06, is that an SVT? I had a blue 2002. Sold it after I started on the MkIII.
It was a very fun car to drive. I would have loved to run it on a track.
Yes, it was an SVT - sold it to a friend a couple of weeks ago that plans to track it often. Ford really did a nice job on that car - it was a surprisingly quick track car.

Caption contest entry:

"Maybe that Chili Dog from the track diner wasn't such a good idea after all"

·
516 Posts
Caption contest.
"just my luck to have this fat git next to me, if I was alone I would look as good as that pounce in front"

·
Registered
153 Posts
Dave, the Focus didn't pass the Cobra. The Focus driver passed the Cobra driver. :D

With some track experience the Cobra driver will be doing most of the passing. ;)

·
Charter Member
1,646 Posts
Can anyone take their car out on the track? Or is there a test you have to pass to get out there?

·
7,134 Posts
Originally posted by uponashelf:
Can anyone take their car out on the track? Or is there a test you have to pass to get out there?
The pics above were at a high speed day with one of the car clubs, we were the only Cobras there and had a lot of fun with MUCH MUCH faster cars out on the track at same time as us.

Many groups do runs at the tracks. NASA and SCCA are two groups, as well as most of the specialty car clubs.

What did we need to be out there?? membership and a technical inspection.
Drivers who had never been on the track were encouraged to take an instructor, this was my 4th time and I always take an instructor for at least two runs. The pics are from second 30 minute run out of four that I made that day (my engine got sick after that :eek: )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.