Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. my husband and I are preparing to build a cobra; but I don’t know who to I sure the parts with during our build. Do you have any suggestions?

·
Registered
375 Posts
What are you trying to insure against? Since the car is not registered, you cannot use car insurance and I would assume that house insurance would cover fire damage. Have you talked to who ever is your home or umbrella insurance is?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. Our home owners will only insure up to $500 for car parts. Our concern is loss from fire.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went through the same thing a few months ago and there is a gap in the homeowner's insurance like you say. I got insurance for my build through Midwest Classic Insurance Midwest Classic Insurance 1-888-271-4000 . Robbin has been down this road many times and makes it simple.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have hagerty. I was able to insure car from first day. As i put spent large sums i upped ins to cover.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have hagerty. I was able to insure car from first day. As i put spent large sums i upped ins to cover.
I went through the same thing a few months ago and there is a gap in the homeowner's insurance like you say. I got insurance for my build through Midwest Classic Insurance Midwest Classic Insurance 1-888-271-4000 . Robbin has been down this road many times and makes it simple.
COOL!! Thank you both for your help. I will check into these today! I’m so thankful you shared the information. Have an awesome day. Hope you’re staying warm and safe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Checked with Hagerty and they won’t give a build quote until we have a VIN. Do these kit cars come with a VIN stamped on them similar to what comes on a manufactured car (ie Ford, Dodge, etc)? I won’t be able to speak to Robbin at Midwest Insurance until Monday.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Checked with Hagerty and they won’t give a build quote until we have a VIN. Do these kit cars come with a VIN stamped on them similar to what comes on a manufactured car (ie Ford, Dodge, etc)? I won’t be able to speak to Robbin at Midwest Insurance until Monday.
they used my serial # then when i went through process and received vin I called and switched it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This was a great tip for insurance during our new build. I think we will be going with them. Robbin seems like a good guy to deal with and rate is reasonable. Thanks again for your tip.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This was a great tip for insurance during our new build. I think we will be going with them. Robbin seems like a good guy to deal with and rate is reasonable. Thanks again for your tip.
He knows the ropes and doesn't wast your time. Good luck with the build.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts