Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cobra is gone to the body shop and look at what took its place :eek:

I got my pos daily driver car in the garage for the first time in 11 months. Driving it gives me the
for more fun cars

I am still not sure what color to go with but blue is top of the list
David W

·
Senior Charter Member
1,086 Posts
Larry- I can tell you that you really haven't experienced 'pucker' until your trailer leads your tow vehicle across a long, icy bridge. Came out of it alright, but wow!

biggest problem with a trailer in snow is the mess- everything on the trailer gets nasty from spray.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,996 Posts
Use to live in Wyoming, worked for a hunting outfitter there for 4 years, use to tow gooseneck trailer filled with up to 12 horses during the nice long winter hunting season. Always had a blast on days off. Had afew snow machines. Speed is fun, under the correct circumstance. Its exceeding the limits of your abilities is what hurts.

Eric

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Hey, David. Thanks for the picture. I've been trying to decide on wheels and your picture really gave me look at where I would be at with bullits. If you will . . .

What size are the wheels and brand?

What size are the tires and brand?

Ford Racing does not make a 9" bullit and that is what I want (I think) and I want both rims and tires the same size for rotating and autox.

Congrats on getting that far. Looks like you will be in good shape when the weather is better.

All the best, Don

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don, they are Bullit replicas 17-9 and 17-10.5 from Wheel Replicas and are the same as FFR now sell. Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport 255/40 and 275/40, expensive but they run with no vibration like some have had.
The main roads were clear that day so no problem towing. The body shop guys came over to pick it up with a big HD deisel crew cab truck, it pulls a load like this with no problem.
David W

·
Moderator Ad Nauseum
18,585 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,689 Posts
Originally posted by NAGA:
David,
What are all those strange looking tools hanging on the wall? What do you do with those? :D

d
I once saw a strange looking shovel like that along time ago, but for the life of me, can't remember what it's used for.

·
Registered
576 Posts
That's not funny... not even close... ;)

(That's an ergonomic shovel which is supposed to be gentler to your lower back (if you were serious)... I prefer a 9HP Tecumseh)

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,315 Posts
Originally posted by David Williamson:
I am still not sure what color to go with but blue is top of the list
David W
David,

Tempo's look about the same in all colors so it doesn't really matter......

OHHH.....maybe you mean for the FFR....I was going blue until I say a pretty candy apple red & silver one....

-SB

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that is an original 93 Tempo in appliance white, bought it used in 95 and it is the cheapest car to own that I have ever had. Hard to justify an expensive car to drive 10 minutes to work. The tools on the wall are gardening tools for ski season, best used by teen aged sons.
David W

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
David, there's something wierd about the way those trailer wheels sit under the fender. Is that the OEM fender on the trailer? Have the axles been moved further apart? Just curious. Nice car sitting on the trailer , BTW.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I looked at the picture and I see what you mean. The trailer was borrowed by the bodyshop owner, so I don't know any details about it.
David W

1 - 18 of 18 Posts