Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,681 Posts
That's one of the better looking ones I've seen, but it just doesn't quite work...at least not for me it doesn't. To me, it only looks ok from the angle in the first and sixth pics...the rest, :001_unsure:.

·
OT Moderator
13,921 Posts
I think it's bad ass! Can't imagine the money it took to create it, so an awful investment, but nonetheless bad ass!

·
Charter Member
6,141 Posts
I never liked the hard top on the cobra. It is too short of a wheelbase to have a roof that high. That car looks pretty good, someone spent a ton of money.

·
Junior Charter Member
3,114 Posts
I sorta like it. Good job of fabricating. Not crazy about the very large diameter side pipe to struggle over getting out of a closed, very small, cockpit.

·
Charter Member
6,141 Posts
Looking at the size of that supercharger, that cobra must have 800-1000hp. I like the fender vents.

·
Registered
9,937 Posts
Looks like a bad take on the Batmobile....and not the cool Barris Batmobile either... :frown2:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Looks like a Le Mans top on a Backdraft. Love the Le Mans top, sort of like BD’s but they have a bit too much emphasis on curves. As for the hp, that is way too much IMHO.

·
Charter Member
6,141 Posts
it looks like the wheelbase is 6-8" longer than a normal 90" cobra.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,345 Posts
Every once in a while I see videos of the classic car races over in England. There are usually several fast backs running. We know the body of the original cobra coupe had a huge effect on it's performance compared to the roadster. So, if I were in that classic racing league running a roadster, I'd absolutely have a fastback on it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
99% sure that is a Dax Cobra top from 427hardtops on a CN Fahrzeugbau GmbH Cobra body from Germany. Best I can tell the paint is Lamborghini's Grigio Telesto.

As previously mentioned, Mike Forte was trying to get some of those tops in stock. 427hard tops has been working on a FFR Mk IV version for a while. Last I heard from them, the stock roll bars don't fit. You'll need breeze roll bars. While I have not gotten the top and tested it myself, preliminary measurements from Breeze and early conversations with 427tops suggest it fits the breeze bars. I'm planning on finding out myself eventually. Hit some financial snags recently so these extras always end up the back burner.

HTH

1 - 16 of 16 Posts