Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has a markII roadster and I was thinking about getting him a stereo to put in the car for Christmas. Maybe with XM Radio. I've heard that you have to put some super good speakers in to even be able to hear it over the exhaust. Any suggestions??

·
8,329 Posts
Cobragirl, pesonally I think a stero is a waste of money in these cars, except when your stopped or going slow you can't hear them. I'd suggest a gift certificate from someplace like Finish Line (big part selection)or Cobra Promotions (cobra cloths)for example. The seat warmers are great too if you live in a cooler climate, or the nice FFR jackets from Weendoggy. This is just one opinion.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Personally, I love to have my daughters just hang around the garage, show just a little interest in their Dad's hobby and help with the cobra... if they want. Why don't you give him an IOU for 8 hours of Cobra support.

Kevin

·
Registered
851 Posts
cobragirl,

The problem will be not only finding the right setup (stereo, speakers, amp etc) but since we know nothing about how your dad did the car we can't recommend much since we don't know how/where he will install it.

Get him a gift certificate at a place like car toys or Best buy or his favorite stereo store and let him pick it out.

·
Charter Member
1,564 Posts
Cobragirl, I just want to tell you how cool it is that you are thinking of getting him something for his car. Way to go! He will like anything you get him for it. The above ideas are good, but make sure you include the IOU one from SR71 (Kevin). That would be one I would cherrish coming from my daughters. Have fun choosing!

Geoff

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
CG, I have a am/fm/cd player in my car and it really adds to my enjoyment of the car. My exhaust is quieter than most (Cats), but for around town driving, I can hear it just fine. An XM is a good idea because I am told you eliminate the need for an external antenna. My stereo was around $150 and a $50 infra-red repeater, so I could locate the unit in the trunk and operate it with the remote control. Nice of you to think about your dad.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Cobragirl, I'm going to put my two cents worth in and tell you that my wife and I went all the way from Vt. to Virgina for the Cobra meet this summer and we have two speakers between the seats and two down on the floor, (one on each side), and we listened to music all the way down and had no problems hearing at all. You just need a good amp and good speakers,and It will work just fine. Have a Merry Christmas!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts