Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What good car covers does everyone have.

I would like to find one that can stay on the car while being trailered.

keeping all of the road grime off the car.

Any suggestions

Thanks

Todd

·
Rapscallion
1,969 Posts
You may want to reconsider covering the car during trailering. The flaping against the paint could be damaging.

I got a good Wolf 3 layer indoor outdoor at Costco for 50 bucks. List is 95. Comes with bag.

Roscoe

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I agree with Roscoe. The flapping cover WILL damage the paint. I got a PepBoys $30 cover for a Miata. Good for the garage and was even totally waterproof in a heavy rain.

·
Rapscallion
1,969 Posts
You can always shring wrap it or just get an enclosed trailer.

:D :D :D
Roscoe

·
Charter Member
1,249 Posts
Definately do not put a cover on your car when trailoring. Have all sorts of rub marks on my snowmobile from the exact same thing.

I have a California Car Cover. Made spefically for the FFR, it fits nice. Although, I have seen many less expensive covers fit nice as well. Just depends what you want I guess.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am thinking I would rather try a really nice car cover before buying the enclosed trailer, but I imagine that the trailer will be the best way to go.

Thanks for the ideas.

Right now I just want to get it back from Ken pike
without damaging the paint.

I have to haul it over the sierras and there is a lot of surrounding snow and gravel.

Only problem is I can't find a covered trailer to rent to pick up the car.

So right now I am hoping to find a one shot solution.

Todd

·
Senior Charter Member
1,086 Posts
If you have to pull on an open trailer, you can at least build a shield across the front of the trailer and a couple feet down each side to block sand and gravel from the tow vehicle and passing trucks. Also, if its an open bottom trailer, block off that as well. Nothing elaborate, just plywood and 2x4's, making sure to brace it well. Your car will still get some splatters and road grime if its wet or snowy, but nothing that can't be cleaned off (unlike paint chips).

·
Registered
300 Posts
www.calcarcover.com
I bought their better than flannel grade in-the-garage cover, custom made for Cobra for about $130. They also sell a Miata cockpit cover which I also bought, but haven't taken out of box. It's supposed to fit. I think it was in the $60 range.
Eddie

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,132 Posts
Ask SRP if you should use a car cover while towing an open trailer. I'm sure he will say not to do it. You spent a lot of money to paint and make the car beautiful. Do what ever it takes to get your baby home and undamaged.

Good Luck & post pictures when you get home.

See Ya

Jeff E.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts