Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like they are builing a Cobra on the DYI (Do it yourself) channel. It comes on in my area at 10:30 p.m., forgot the channel number. They say the 427 engine came in black. Anyone seen the show? Two nights in a row now.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Perri,

If this is like it was before on DIY then it's not very good.

Unfortunately they made it very Lame to be honest. They don't show any work being done and just point out the components before and after (i.e. Whole rear end out of the car, whole rear end in the car.)

This could have been a really good show if they used the Shade Tree Mechanics.

-TAZ

·
Registered
25 Posts
For those of you who have not seen the Cobra build on DIY, DO NOT waste your time trying to catch it. I watched one episode and was so irritated by the host of the show I couldn't finish it. She was overdoing the enthusiasm, and she was very obviously reading cue cards. And as TAZ said, no detail work just a little history and even less construction.

Ben

·
Registered
87 Posts
I saw the show, other than the chick it was ok. Not great but ok.

Uniques come pretty much complete. They covered paint pretty good, engine pretty good. What more do you want? Those cars are pretty complete when shipped. I wouldn't want to watch a guy put the wiring harness in, talk about boring.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
TAZ the Shade Tree Mechanics DID build a Cobra on TV (I think it was waaay back in 1999). They built a Lone Star. From what I recall, it was about as useful that what these guys are posting about the FYI show:

"OK, while I tighten up these motor mounts, Joe will install the wiring harness and gauges. After the break, we'll install the rear end, fuel tank and lines...!"

30 minutes later and two guys finished an entire car, without one skinned knuckle or even dirt under their fingernails.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts