Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not noticed any! Is this considered "bad taste" or is there a place that sells them?
Thanks

·
Registered
475 Posts
I just had a 3M product called invisible bra installed on my XK8. A clear vinyl film. Looks great barely noticable and suppose to stop paint chips.

llOYD

·
3,875 Posts
If you can find a place that can make one to fit the many contours of the nose correctly let me know and I will be second in line right behind you to buy one or two.
Don

·
Senior Charter Member
3,848 Posts
I've heard that most Bra's do more damage to the paint than what would be done without. Hard to find one that fits well enough to not flap around and cause scratchs to the paint.

Kinda like going down the road with a car cover on the car or boat or bike. Big no no as it ends up scrubbing the paint flapping in the wind.

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Bill..I don't like bras..on cars or women...

·
FFCobra Fanatic
906 Posts
I don't like bras either...(let the import crowd have 'em) I would go with Lloyds suggestion.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I used the 3M product on my C4 and loved it. Bra's will tear up a paint job after time and besides they look like sh!t IMOH.
Mike

·
Senior Charter Member
1,012 Posts
When we were shopping for our last car, a number of the dealers are now selling something that was called Roadblock by Autobahnd. It looked like the 3M clear stuff, but it was laser cut specifically for the car is was being installed on, as the Roadster probably isn't in thier computers they stated it would probably be more than a basic car to have it done.... for the Volvo we bought it would have been about $500, I can't imagine what it would be for a specialty!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.