Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!
Been looking at FFR for a few months. Mostly dreaming about my new car. I have heard that the fiberglass bodies are a bit flimsy. How are they when complete. I have not been able to see any in real life, just the videos. Have loved this car since the early 1980's when a real 427 pulled into my gas station outside Philadelphia. I can still feal the rumble as it pulled in. Completely addicted. I see some Back Draft and Superformance on vids but that does not help. FFR seems to be the best option for a componant car. Input about the body is welcomed.

·
Junior Charter Member
616 Posts
When the body is mounted it is very solid and ridged.
It’s very strong for a fibreglass body.
My friends have glass dragster bodies and you could easily crack them or poke a hole, FFR bodies are much thicker and stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
As the other post said, once mounted on the chassis the glass body is solid and rigid. I would estimate the thickness as 1/8-inch or more. Movables parts (hood, trunk lid, doors) have an inner and outer shell, so are made from two pieces, finished on both sides, and completely rigid. You would not detect any difference compared to the other two brands you listed. Recommend you do try to see one in person before deciding, although highly recommend the later versions. Currently on Mk4, and they are improved over earlier versions. The glass body does take some work to finish. But it's strong and durable. Nothing to worry about there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As the other post said, once mounted on the chassis the glass body is solid and rigid. I would estimate the thickness as 1/8-inch or more. Movables parts (hood, trunk lid, doors) have an inner and outer shell, so are made from two pieces, finished on both sides, and completely rigid. You would not detect any difference compared to the other two brands you listed. Recommend you do try to see one in person before deciding, although highly recommend the later versions. Currently on Mk4, and they are improved over earlier versions. The glass body does take some work to finish. But it's strong and durable. Nothing to worry about there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you both for the reply. I do feel more comfortable about my future purchase of FFRs Cobra as well as any future components I decide to build. Thinking about the Aluminator for power

·
Super Moderator
29,362 Posts
Once mounted it’s extremely rigid and sturdy

·
Cross Menber
92 Posts
They are nice and sturdy.
I have pictures of a petite gal laying across my daytona,
but it's not something I would post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts