Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5,559 Posts
I just sanded mine to scuff the shine off, and used a high quality rubberized undercoat. It has held up very well over the years, and still looks great. Really quiets things down too - especially the "tinging" sound that sand and pebbles make on the bare aluminum.

Brian

·
557 Posts
I did the same as Brian, just rattle can stuff from wall-mart. Quieted things down nicely.

Eric.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
I was going to use the extra spray-on bed liner that I used on the body but never did.
Did the inside fire wall with Damplifier and Heat Wave. very happy with results.
http://www.secondskinaudio.com/index.php

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
I planned to do the same as convincor. I sprayed the underbody with commercial bed liner. I have enough extra to do the wheel wells of the finished car. I'll just mask off the suspension and spray what is left.

Mike M.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,092 Posts
I sanded them down and used the roll on truck bed liner stuff. It is holding up great.

·
5,559 Posts
David, I think it was the heavy duty 3M stuff in a big rattlecan that is carried by Napa auto parts. It's really nice stuff that hardens after awhile so that it doesn't feel sticky to the touch like some of the undercoats do.

Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.