Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need to use a thread sealant on the brass fittings that screw into the CNC master cylinder??
Thanks, Stan

·
Junior Charter Member
710 Posts
Stan I used teflon tape.

·
drmcat
596 Posts
Brake fittings seal at the flare, not the brass fittings, so no sealant is needed.

mike

·
Registered
648 Posts
There should have been intructions inside the master cylinder about this issue, was in mine but at the office not anywhere ner the Snake-pit.

·
What Country You From?
463 Posts
Yes... The brass that screws into the CNC master cylinder calls for Loc-Tite. I don't have the actual sheet in front of me, but I remember it saying to "seal fittings with Loc-Tite"....or something like that.

·
Premium Member
18,134 Posts
The instructions that came with mine said to use a quality thread sealant, and recommended Loc-Tite brand teflon paste. That's what I used.

Loc-Tite is a brand name. They make a lot of products besides thread lockers. A thread locker will not always provide a good seal.

Be very carefull about tightening the brass fittings. If you crack the alum housing, it's your won fault and you have to buy another one.

·
Junior Charter Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!
Stan

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Originally posted by Stanley W:
Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!
Stan
Wow, you're sure easy to please. You got 6 answer/opinions, some contradictory, and no one even bothered to ask whether you were talking about pipe thread fittings or flare fittings.

·
Premium Member
18,134 Posts
Originally posted by Oldguy668:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stanley W:
Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!
Stan
Wow, you're sure easy to please. You got 6 answer/opinions, some contradictory, and no one even bothered to ask whether you were talking about pipe thread fittings or flare fittings. </font>[/QUOTE]There's only one fitting that screws into the MC. It's a pipe thread.

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
GONG!...Wrong answer. My master cylinders have 37 degree female flares in them. Not a pipe thread in sight.

·
Junior Charter Member
710 Posts
Answered 1st, I was not even thinking! Good point Joe.

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Stan,
The CNC masters have a 1/8 npt thread. I use teflon thread paste on the CNC's.
Wilwood & Tilton use 3/8 x 24 with crush washers.
I never use or sell teflon tape....
Mike

·
Premium Member
18,134 Posts
Originally posted by Oldguy668:
GONG!...Wrong answer. My master cylinders have 37 degree female flares in them. Not a pipe thread in sight.
How did that happen? Did you order them special that way?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts