Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running the CNC M/C with rear drums? If so, what's your setup and how satisified are you with the performance?

·
Senior Charter Member
4,270 Posts
Did you happen to see the recent CNC MC post? Not sure if anyone who posted had rear drums or not, but its probably worth a look. Also there was a lengthy post post on brakes a week ago, you might be able to gleen some info from there too.

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Rickster... I did look over the brake survey "mega-thread" and didn't seen anyone with the CNC and drums. But I'll look again. Also did a quick search on CNC archive threads and didn't find anything, but I'm sure I didn't look at everything...
Cheers,
Sherrell

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,716 Posts
I'm w/ you Sherrell.I have the usual old Mustang GT disc/drums setup.For my purposes,street and autocross, the total stopping power is fine.Just the balance sucks.I've gutted the prop valve,which helped some, and may try the MM rear shoes,but will probably do CNC dual MC at some point.I figure I'll ask about MC sizing, hope for the best,but may need to buy one alternate MC.Good luck

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Sherrell,
Using the CNC masters lets you adjust front to rear bias with either all disc or rear drum. Getting the brakes to work evenly so front lockup doesn't occur is essential to maximize braking. You can also install rear dics later and just adjust the bias as needed.
Mike Forte

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Rickster, Craig, and Mike, here's my current thinking...

1. CNC M/C
2. Maximum Motorsport braided flex lines up front and to the rear. Don't know about the solid lines...
3. I'm staying with 15" Hallibrands, so I can only run stock Fox Mustang discs up front. I MAY go with Maximum Motorsport / Hawk pads up front, but I'm wondering if I'll just have to dial down the pressure to avoid increasing the front bias problem if I go with stickier pads.
4. I backfitted my 93GT rearend with 5 lugs (from Mike). I'll go with Maximum Motorsport shoes in the rear.

From what I can gather from the various brake threads running here, none of this will help the petal effort problem. I'm going carburated, and manual steering (Mavak rack from Mike). I'm not settled on the booster issue...

Well, at least that's my plan tonight.

Comments?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts