Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks-

Is there an OEM piece that plugs into the clutch safety switch on the pedal box? I'm sure this could be wired by hand, but I'm thinking it would be a bit convoluted to do so.

If there's a smart way of doing this w/o an OEM piece, I'm all ears.

All the best,
Chris

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Couldn't you just splice in some female flat connectors & push them in there?

Unless someone has the right connector from their switch, I don't think you'd find anything that fits...there are 2 connectors on that switch, but they are not interchangeable.

·
Junior Charter Member
139 Posts
I trimmed some plastic from around the terminals so I could solder the wires directly to the terminals. I have a carb. kit with painless harness.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dan, I thought about it, but the terminals in the pedal box side of the switch don't appear to hang out far enough to push a female terminal onto. There's also kind of a strange "divider" between each of the terminals, so I was thinking if there's an oem piece, I'd try to go with it. Worst comes to worst, I can cut the plastic out and solder something on, it just looked like ford had something that plugged in there.

All the best,
c

·
Super Moderator
3,701 Posts
Cut the plastic back so that the terminals are exposed and then make your connection. I sealed everything up with hot glue

·
3,217 Posts
Anyone have a picture of the connector? I've got an '87 harness, would like to grab it off that, but need to have an idea what it looks like.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,508 Posts
No picture but it's two separate plugs one with 3 red wires with blue stripes and another plug with 4 wires, 2 black with blue stripe and 2 blue with yellow stripes.

·
Caress of Steel
2,180 Posts
I did what Jim did...trimmed the plastic off one side. Took a small drill bit and carefully drilled through the connectors, put the wires through and folded them over so they didn't touch each other, soldered them, then sealed them in with silicone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.