Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone can tell what I did wrong with the clutch?

The "nose" does not line up with the hole provided in the box for full extension.

The first time around I did not realize this was a mistake.

Jaso

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
I had the same issue. I set the quadrant up so that it lines up with the clutch cable as it comes into the footbox, because I don't want any fraying. What I ended up doing is clearancing the hole using a carbide burr. I think the casting of the box was set up for the old offset quadrant, and they haven't changed it since they've switched to the improved quadrant.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Save yourselves a huge headache down the road. I've had too many buddies break cables, some switched to a different Ford cable some switch to hydraulic slave system. Thats what I just did as I knew my cable was under a ton of stress and didn't like the feel.

·
Registered
493 Posts
is the end of the quadrant assembly supposed to completely clear the hole cut out for it?
i was thinking it might be designed as a partial stop for pedal travel.
my outer piece hits the metal but the cable end seems to clear into the hole.

·
Registered
452 Posts
is the end of the quadrant assembly supposed to completely clear the hole cut out for it?
i was thinking it might be designed as a partial stop for pedal travel.
my outer piece hits the metal but the cable end seems to clear into the hole.
On mine, the end of the cable hit, so I had to clearance. And when I adjusted my clutch pedal height, I needed full clearance of the cable end and outer piece.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts