Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Well, I'm well on my way in the donor ('90 LX 5.0) teardown anxiously awaiting the arrival of my kit in 3 weeks. After removing the pedal box, I noticed that I don't have the same clutch quadrant that I'm used to seeing. Mine is a metal L-shaped affair and not the plastic wheel. I like the fact that it's bullet-proof but I wanted to know:

1. if this setup is preferrable to the wheel ones?
2. Does this version provide a lighter feel than the wheel version?

While at build school last week, Nick (one of the instructors) had an S-shaped metal quadrant that gives a lighter feel at depression. What can I expect. This one seems as though it might provide more leverage however, my donor was engine/transmissionless so I don't have anything to compare it to.

What say you all?
Pictures available upon request.

Thanks,

Marc

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
Post a pic and we can probably help some more. Chances are it's something someone has seen on here before. An aftermarket quadrant will almost always be better than the stock plastic one since they are less prone to breaking with wear.
J_B

·
Junior Charter Member
1,996 Posts
Never seen this thing...... :confused: :confused:

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
Looks like something someone may have fabricated on their own. I would get a new one from one of the vendors on here. Mike Forte, Breeze, and Whitby's all sell nice ones.
J_B

·
Junior Charter Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For a fabricated one, it sure looks nice. I was just curious and wanted to get some feedback before I drop some more money on this build.

Thanks,

Marc

·
Junior Charter Member
1,996 Posts
Come on whats another 35 bucks! :D :D

(If you would add it up everytime I said it I might be able to buy a small house, :eek: !)

·
Junior Charter Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, just another $35 bucks.... and another, and another...... Now I know what a drug habit must be like!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts