Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get my clutch pedel lower and more in line with brake and gas. I have new quardernt with cable adjuster. anybody have an idea on this Thanks Pete

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,975 Posts
I had the opposite problem, mine were in line and I wanted to raise my clutch pedal up a little. I'm sure this would work for you. I unbolted the entire pedal and took it to the machine shop where the welder cut the verticle piece and simply moved it forward 1" and rewelded. It came out perfect and at the same angle. I'm sure you could do the same in the opposite direction as long as the front of the footbox did not come into play.

Frank n Sons.

·
mk 1.5 original
562 Posts
if you had the stock quadrant adjuster you can put a small hose clamp on the stop. to adjust the pedal down rotate the fat part of the clamp up to raise the stop. I don't know if this will work with an aftermarket quadrant. chris

·
Registered
44 Posts
Pete
You can lower your pedal by installing a home made pedal stop and using your cable adjuster. However,be careful about lowering the pedal hight. I'm using a Breeze Auto. quadrant and adjuster and have to push my pedal almost to the firewall at std. petal hight. If you get it too low, your clutch will drag and cause shifting difficulties.
Dave

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I made an adjustable stop out of aluminum bar. It has slotted holes for the screws that allow it to be moved up or down to adjust the pedal height. Works great.

[ November 18, 2002, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: John Baker ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.