Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know its been an issue for some but, my clutch pedal wont engage because it hits the 3/4in tube. Whats the best solution for this? cut the tube and attach a new section on the outside of the tube as some have done? want to get some feed back before I cut the tube. I am using the complete kit wilwood pedal set. thanks- Andy

·
Registered
195 Posts
I notched my tube to match the angle of the travel of the clutch pedal. I did not cut all of the way through but I came close. Most will say that is good enough but I had a welder sitting there so I piggy backed a 3/4" tube onto the outside. I also added a bolt to the pedal box to act as a stop for the clutch.
Ben

·
Junior Charter Member
2,916 Posts
I cut top bottom and inside, leaving the outside of the tube. (Dremel tool) I then used square stock to make a solid plug inside each end. Another piece of square stock on the outside, and it is all bolted together.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had the same issue to deal with. My solution developed from a different perspective. I assumed the frame was correct and the clutch pedal was wrong.

So, I designed an alternate shape for the clutch pedal and machined it out of aluminum. It works perfectly, will never break and look pretty nice too.

·
Out of Time
1,523 Posts
After upgrading the cast pedal assembly to the forged, and attempting to use the 3/4" master (long throw), I had the same problem with my clutch pedal (hydraulic) hitting the frame.

I then changed to 1 1/8" master and the corresponding reduction in pedal throw would have rendered that cut unnecessary.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys Im gonna try to mess with it tonight

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
I had the same problem with my Wilwood paddle box and Clutch arm hitting the 3/4" frame. I did a lot of thinking on this as to what I was going to do to fix this problem. One thing that I did was the same as HIRISC had done I went to a hydraulic Clutch. With a 7/8" slave and a 1 1/8" Master hoping that the amount of fluid being pushed would solve the problem? Still I notch the frame as well. I have added a link to photobucket If you like check it out see if this helps. Hope the link works. Good luck.

Ed.

Pictures by BULLITT428 - Photobucket

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys I notched out a section of the frame and the clutch engages good now, thanks for the help!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.