Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any Wilwood pedal box owners received the "clutch fix kit" from FFR to mitigate the broken clutch pedal problem?

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump
Anyone?

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting. I believe they already have the parts they thought would solve the problem and were ready to ship.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Posted by Jason Lavigne on the FFRforum this morning
Hi guys,

Here's an update so that everyone knows the status. To be clear, I'll just list the important points:
- If you have a Wilwood Pedal Box with the one-piece, cast pedals (as in CBergquist's photo above), you can expect to receive the parts and the tech bulletin. These pedal boxes were shipped with Complete Roadsters, Complete Coupes, '33 Hot Rods, and sometimes as individual assemblies added to base kits.
- If you have a Wilwood Pedal Box with the bolt-on pedal surfaces, you're unaffected and won't need to do anything.
- Tony Zullo's post from the 14th was correct at the time, but we ended up going back to make a few more changes to ensure all affected pedalboxes were covered and that quantity of parts we had in house was sufficient, so the shipment was held here.
- About half of the parts went out yesterday, 12/4/12, and I expect the rest to be sent between today and Thursday, 12/5 and 12/6.

If you have any other questions, just give a call at 508-291-3443 or email [email protected].

Jason @ FFR

·
Registered
523 Posts
received my parts today but had already converted to a hydraulic unit with the forged pedals. The fix they propose does not address the issue of the pedal pin side loading the pedal box. This occurs where the pin holding the pedal in goes through the pedal box and on my car the wear was most pronounced on the hole closest the drivers side of the car.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
received my parts today but had already converted to a hydraulic unit with the forged pedals. The fix they propose does not address the issue of the pedal pin side loading the pedal box. This occurs where the pin holding the pedal in goes through the pedal box and on my car the wear was most pronounced on the hole closest the drivers side of the car.
Can you show us some pictures of the parts they sent?

Jeff

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,656 Posts
I recieved the "kit" today. It made me laugh. Not that the "fix" isn't good, I'll reserve comment on that, but I laughed at one of the included parts. That part is a top foot box access hole cover. Why did I laugh? Guess what I was working on this afternoon? Yup, I was marking the top foot box cover for an access hole. Thank you FFR for sending me a nicely bent cover with a template. I sure am glad that I only marked it out with tape....

The "fix" doesn't pertain to me as I decided NOT to use the Wilwood pedals. Instead, I am using a Fox pedal box and will be using the Whitby power brake kit.

Olli

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Someone take pics of the fix parts. I'm interested to see what they did.

Mario

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Here is what came with the kit. There were instructions with it as well. I went hydraulic from the get-go so no problems here.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My kit arrived today and I read the instructions. It is pretty clear and seems to make sense. I can see how it will stiffen up the action. It appears to transfer some of the side loading on the shaft to the top Of the pedal. I'll find out this weekend.

·
Master Student
1,499 Posts
I received mine today too. It looks like a B_____ to put in after the car is completed... I already cut a access hole but like this one better. Too bad my panels are powder coated or I would use the new one.

Here is the diagram.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Thanks for the picture and diagram. I haven't received mine yet, but am watching the mail box.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
They are also offering the forges pedal upgrade for cost, what do U guys think is better and how hard to do this, I got the kit but haven't decided which way to go, have complete kit with cable king cobra clutch which has worked great for me for 7000 miles

·
Registered
796 Posts
Got mine yesterday--I'm going to try it out. I don't want to have notch the frame tubing to install the forged style pedal if I don't have to.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.