Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Geek
1,402 Posts
Bravo!!!!! Now we're talking!!!!

I don't need this because I've already gone hydraulic (with your kit!) but THIS is exactly what FFR needed to supply from the get go if they didn't want to supply hydraulic.

Mike Forte does it again...(and you too, Steve!)
:clap:

·
Mustang Convert
1,282 Posts
This kit converts the Wilwood pedal box to a cable setup from its intent to be hydraulic. FFR supplies the Wilwood pedal box with the swap to cable but the design has been debated as potentially problematic with how the quadrant is oriented.

What Mike Forte has done is adapt the cable quadrant into the same position / orientation as the hydraulic setup so that the forces on the pedal, pins, clips, etc are loaded the same way the Wilwood pedal box was designed for. Credit goes to Mike for thinking outside the box...

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Hmmm, does that move the cable entrance into foot box???? I just ordered forged pedals from FFR guess they may go back???

·
Registered
788 Posts
Having built an mkiv recently, this is what ffr should have done with the clutch quadrant design. I hated the ffr design from the time I first put it together. It just didnt seem well engineered. That was early in the build, and I was "going by the book".

Looking back I wish I would have let Mike talk me into his hydraulic clutch. Mine works fine, but I just don't feel great about the design, and it is going to be a pain to redo if it fail.

Ernest

My next build will hydraulic!

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Great solution but too late for me. The car is done so I had to order the hydraulic kit from Mike this week.

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Can I use the forged pedals????? this is probably easier than hydraulic conversion??? and i like the 'feel' of cable, simple too

·
Premium Member
9,127 Posts
Hi Guys,
I developed this 6-7 years ago for a spec racer that requires a cable clutch. Remember the kiss rule? Keep it simple stupid?
I like the quadrant not being cantilevered to the side...
Send me your clutch pedal and I'll modify your pedal and add a quadrant..

·
Premium Member
9,127 Posts
Hi Bruce,
Opps, I meant pedal not cable... Silly me. I was falling asleep when I wrote that.
Thanks,

·
Registered
298 Posts
I now have a couple hunderd miles on this conversion and it feels great and works well. I did add a pedal stop because the quadrant hits the pedal box frame and won't allow the pedal to go all the way to the floor. But, there is plenty of travel and the clutch works great.

Thanks Mike,

Bruce

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I now have a couple hunderd miles on this conversion and it feels great and works well. I did add a pedal stop because the quadrant hits the pedal box frame and won't allow the pedal to go all the way to the floor. But, there is plenty of travel and the clutch works great.

Thanks Mike,

Bruce
Thanks Bruce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.