Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a strange thing happen to me. I've been tying my wiring harness permanently down to the frame. I've been testing as I go to make sure everything works as it should. The car has been starting without any problems so far. I just tried it earlier and the starter wouldn't turn over. Everything else was working as it should. By accident, while I had the ignition switch in the start position, I let out on the clutch a little and the engine turned over and started. I tried it several times and with the clutch depressed all the way it won't start but as I raise the pedal the engine will turn over when the pedal is in a certain position. What's strange is that it has been working without any problems up to now. The clip on the clutch interlock switch rod is all the way to the end. I thought maybe since the clutch pedal stop position is different between the cobra and the donor mustang that might be throwing things off.

Do you think I need to try to readjust the clutch interlock switch per the Chilton's or just get a new switch?

Thanks,

Glenn

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,034 Posts
You have 2 places to plug in the clutch switch. One switch is so it won't start the other is for the cruise. Maybe you installed it in the wrong hole. If I remember correctly you want the rear hole.
Jeff Hamilton

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,333 Posts
Anyone know if the switch can just be jumpered? Open or closed? I'm using a Painless (car) and FMS (engine) harnesses.

I don't want the interlock function, just want to make sure the car starts (when I get to that point!)

·
Administrator,
879 Posts
I by-passed the switch by sticking a fuse (flat type from the Mustang) in the connect the plugged into the clutch switch. I used the stock Mustang harness so my experience may not apply directly to set up. The important note is that you can jump the clutch engage switch without a problem.

Galt

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,333 Posts
thanks!

barry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts