Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Its been a while I didnt check the forum. was busy with life. hope all are doing well.

I have 65 coupe with 2014 coyote and TKO600. I remember I bought the transmission as a kit and it included center force dual clutch (if i am not mistaken).
someone told me that these dual clutch are harder than normal clutches. so my question goes like this.

Is this true? and if yes which normal kit u guys using? I am using car as steert car no racing or track.

Thanks
Hakeem

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hakeem, Center Force has a Dual Friction Clutch and a Twin Disk clutch. The Dual Friction has only 1 disk and is like a normal clutch in a street car. The Twin Disk has 2 disk stacked together for higher torque motors. I have a Center Force Dual Friction clutch in my car and find it to be like a normal clutch. My guess is you have the Dual Friction. If so I would use it. You can check your part number on the Center Force website.
Ford Mustang 2014 GT Products

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
The commonly used clutch for the Coyote (also listed in the Factory Five instructions) is the Ford Performance M-7560-T46. It is in fact a dual friction Centerforce piece. Even says so right on the box. Next to the Ford Performance label. I've used it for both of my Coyote builds and it works fine. If that's what you have, no reason not to keep it.

The Centerforce dual disk is a completely different setup with two physical disks and a different flywheel. Haven't personally used or installed. But gets good reviews. Advantages are lighter pedal force and higher HP rating. But also double the price (or more) and not even sure if there's a version for the Coyote.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the prompt response. I went back and checked my invoices and this is what I got: FACTORY FIVE MK4 ROADSTER SUM-CSUMFFC13. That has this clutch Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch Kits DF148679.
now my issue is that it feels like a manual clutch. I mean it’s hard and not soft as normal cars. I bought clutch kit from Mike Forte and they works perfect. I think if there is a problem it’s gone be that I choose the wrong size of the cylinders or the pressure plate or the installation. Because the clutch works fine it’s just too hard compared to a normal car.
so any idea? And also if it’s not too much to ask. Can someone please take photo from underneath the car and show me how they fix the cylinder and forks.
thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts