Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, what nifty ideas are out there for mounting the wiring harness to the frame?

I like the idea of a fastener that gives access to the wiring harness at a later date, if needed, as opposed to simply riveting the metal clips FFR provided in place

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Check out the wiring harness kit from Mr. Gasket. This is what we used for our project. It comes with extra split loom, but more importantly it comes with plastic Ts for the split loom and two different styles of clips to retain the loom that can be popped open to R&R the harness for upgrades or repairs. One style has a push pin end for a drilled hole and the other style has a loop for a screw or rivet...

HTH...
Mark

·
Premium Member
9,692 Posts
McMaster

Part no. 7566K29

Mounts perfect with a 1/8" rivet on the underside of the 3/4 tubing

·
Charter Member
1,386 Posts
I like the ones from Mr. Gasket, but I can't seem to find them on the site. Can someone point me directly to the page?

Thanks

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,297 Posts
Use riv nuts. Drill a hole get a riv nut gun and then you use a bolt after that. You can always have access to it later.

Mike O.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Podus...

The Mr. Gasket pn is 4457. You can get it at Summit, etc.

HTH...
Mark

·
Charter Member
1,386 Posts
Thanks, Mark!

·
Banned
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mark-

Do you know if they sell those clips separately? I only saw them on their site in a "kit" that includes the loom, etc.

For guys in Ontario, Spaenaur has the clips Tim pictured above in a few different sizes. I seem to remember them coming in at $0.17-0.25ea depending on size.

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,330 Posts
Home Depot also sells tie-wraps with an eye for a screw, which are stronger than the Mr.Gasket ones. I used them where I wouldn't be able to get to the wire such as in the tranny tunnel and under the trunk sheet metal. The rest of the place I used the Mr.Gasket hangers as well as some stick on hangers that I also got from HD which hold a tie wrap. They worked well on the firewall or other locations where you may not want to drill a hole.

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,330 Posts
PM me if you want me to post some pics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts