Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flipping through the channels and came across a show with Cliff Clavin, Made in America, a series where he tours the US looking at the best of US Made items.

Anyway this show was showing how and where Craftsman tools are made.. Then asked the plant manager what he made with all these great tools? Went out to the parking lot and there was a FFR blue with white stripes and a custom hood hinge..? Anyone know about this car/guy? Super plug for the "Factory"

jd

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
Craftsman huh? :D

·
Charter Member
718 Posts
Hi, Thanks for the plug, that was me.

They filmed it last May and released the series in late January of this year.

As for the hinge, I had spent >30 hrs trying to get the FFR one to line up and not flex when open. So I decided to start over with a heavier gage "horseshoe" w/o a hoop and my own hinge. The only thing I used from FFR was the gas struts.

Sean Lamontagne

·
Charter Member
718 Posts
OH now I get it. Don't start that thread again. I was in no way involved with that fiasco. I did follow it though. In the end I think that guy end up saying he was going with Snap On....or Craftsman....or was that...Snap On..or..?

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
That's pretty cool! :D
I missed the show, however.. :(

·
Junior Charter Member
1,996 Posts
Man, did you guys forget that "Craftsman is the only way to go!"...

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Camry Cory...1 letter is all you get..."n"

T

I edited the post because I noticed that CC already threw up the dredded "n". beat me to it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.